Please view the first streaming publication of our SCC Graduation Commencement Ceremony 2014.
FAIRFIELD, CA, MAY 13, 2014: Solano Community College (SCC) Women’s Soccer Program warmly welcomes Sisleide Lima do Amor, better known as “Sissi,” a Sissi Soccer Coachs the new Assistant Coach. Sissi-World Cup and Olympic Athlete- comes to SCC with a wealth of experience and knowledge. She has over 30 years of coaching and playing experience in Club, Collegiate, Professional, and International Soccer & Futsal competition at the highest level.
Sissi was born in Esplanada, Brazil, and began playing soccer at the age of 7. At the age of 14 she left home to play professional Soccer in Salvador, Brazil, and at the ripe age of 16, she played for the first time with the Brazilian National Team. “We have the female Pele (Sissi do Amor) coming to help Solano’s women’s soccer program,” commented Jeff Cardinal, SCC Women’s Soccer Coach.
Some of Ms. Lima do Amor’s professional career highlights include:
- 1989 – 2000: Member of the Brazilian Women’s National Soccer Team
- 1991: Women’s World Cup – China; 1995: Women’s World Cup – Sweden
- 1996: 100th Olympic Games – Georgia; 2000: 101st Olympic Games – Australia
- 1997: Best Female Futsal Player
- 1999: Women’s World Cup – USA
- 1999: FIFA Golden Boot Award; FIFA Voted 2nd Best Player in the World
- 1999: Voted best female player in South America
- 2001- 2004: San Jose Cyber Rays – USA
- 2001 – 2003: All WUSA First Team
- 2005: WPSL League MVP
- 2006-Present: FIFA Women’s Ambassador
- 2008- 2009: FC Gold Pride
- 2012: Chosen for the Women’s Demonstrating Leadership Award by Contra Costa Commission for Women.
- Ranked in top 5 female soccer players of the century, IFFHS
Ms. Lima do Amor shared, “I am thrilled to join Solano’s Women’s Soccer Program! They have a great team and coaching staff; I look forward to sharing my knowledge and helping advance the players skills.”
For more information about SCC’s Women’s Soccer Program, please contact Jeff Cardinal at email@example.com or 707.863.7832; visit www.solano.edu/physical_education/wsoccer/