Fairfield, CA, december 18, 2013: Solano Community College (SCC) District Governing Board Officers for the 2013-2014 year were elected at tonight’s Board meeting. Trustee Pam Keith was elected President and Trustee A. Marie Young was elected Vice President. Dr. Jowel Laguerre was elected to serve as Secretary. Trustee Sarah Chapman will serve as the representative to the Solano County School Board Association. The new appointments began following the vote and subsequent approval.
Pam Keith, SCC Board President commented, “I want to thank my colleagues for allowing me the honor to serve as Board President for the upcoming 2014 year. I look forward to this exciting time of conducting business collaboratively on behalf of the Solano Community College District!”
In addition, the following dates have been approved as the 2014 Governing Board meeting schedule:
- 1/15, 2/5, 2/19*, 3/5, 3/19**, 4/2, 5/7, 5/21, 6/4, 6/18, 7/16, 8/6, 8/20, 9/3, 9/17, 10/1, 10/15*, 11/5, 11/19**, 12/3, 12/17.
- One asterisk (*) denotes meeting to be held at Vallejo Center, 545 Columbus Parkway, Vallejo.
- Two asterisks (**) denotes meeting to be held at Vacaville Center, 2001 North Village Parkway, Vacaville.
All Board meetings (unless otherwise noted) will be held in the Board Room (First Floor-West Lobby) of the Administration Building, located at 360 Campus Lane, Suite 201, Fairfield. All meetings, with the exception of Closed Sessions, are open to the public.
For questions, please contact Judy Spencer, Chief of Staff, Superintendent-President & Governing Board, at email@example.com or 707.864.7112.
Fairfield, CA, December 4, 2013: Solano Community College (SCC) Governing Board approved the motion for the Wednesday, December 18, 2013, Board meeting to be designated as the annual organizational meeting of the Governing Board. The organizational meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m., in the Solano Community College Administration Building located at 360 Campus Lane, Ste. 201 (First floor, West Lobby), Fairfield.
The annual organizational meeting will be held to conduct the following business:
- Elect a President, Vice President, and appoint a Secretary for 2013-2014;
- Establish the dates, times, and locations of the future Governing Board meetings;
- Tentative Board Meeting dates: 1/15, 2/5, 2/19, 3/5, 3/19, 4/2, 5/7, 5/21, 6/4, 6/18, 7/16, 8/6, 8/20, 9/3, 9/17, 10/1, 10/15, 11/5, 11/19, 12/3, 12/17.
- Select a representative to the Solano County School Boards Association.
The public is welcome and encouraged to attend. For additional information regarding SCC’s Governing Board, please contact Judy Spencer, Chief of Staff, Superintendent-President’s Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707.864.7000, ext. 7112.