Fall 2022 AUDITIONS!
AUDITION Self-Tapes Due Wed Aug. 17th by 6pm
CALLBACKS: Callbacks (where you may be asked to come to campus IN PERSON and show more of your abilities) are scheduled for Thursday, August 18th at 6pm
ENROLLMENT: Each show is a class. You will be required to register and pay for 2 units for each show. Pinned Butterfly is THEA 24C, CRN 80802. Immaculate is THEA 24A, CRN 80865.
REHEARSALS: Rehearsals are MANDATORY to all performers (though not everyone will be called every day). Rehearsals are currently Monday through Thursday, 6:30 pm to 10 pm, and possibly Sundays 4pm to 9pm, plus the longer tech weekend a week before opening. For more information on rehearsals and tech week schedules, see attached calendar.
PERFORMANCE DATES: Friday’s and Saturday’s at 7:30, Sunday’s at 2pm.
Pinned Butterfly: Sept 23rd – Oct 2nd, 2022.
Immaculate: Nov 4th – 20th, 2022.
LOCATION: Meetings, callbacks, rehearsals and performances will be held in the 1200 Building at Solano College Fairfield campus, (4000 Suisun Valley Road, Fairfield CA 94534).
AUDITIONS- HOW TO:
Complete and submit the following items to to the audition drive link: Auditions SCC Fall 2022. If you have any problems, email Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org your questions or paperwork. (NOTE: The folder will likely be empty when you go into it as we move items as soon as possible when they are uploaded.)
- Audition Information Form or type your answers into a separate document and submit:
- Your current theatre resume (saved in PDF form please to keep formatting).
- Your current head shot (if you have one) or a current small picture on your resume
- Your self tape (instructions listed below).
- Make sure that all documents and self-tapes you submit are labeled in the following way:
- LastName_FirstName_(resume OR self_tape OR audition form) _SCC2022
SELF TAPES & Help:
- Those auditioning are asked to upload a memorized monologue self-tape no longer than 3 minutes. (1 minute is fine!) You can choose a monologue of your own or use one of the suggestions below for each show. YES – You may audition for both shows using the same monologue, even if it doesn’t fully fit the second show.
- Keep in mind the unique characters in this show. Showing character choices to match this show helps.
- Need help? Check out the helpful self-tape links at https://tinyurl.com/SCTauditions.
- This includes: How to make a resume and how to create a self-tape
- If you find you cannot memorize in time, try a strong reading of the monologue with full character and understanding. It is better than nothing.
Try out these possible monologues that work well for the show. Click here.
Want to look ahead at some sides for Callbacks to get to know the characters better? Click here.
Try out these possible monologues FROM THE SHOW that work well for auditions. Click here.